Cactus Care Guide
Not only are they beautiful and striking, succulents (cacti are a type of succulent) are fairly hardy and relatively easy to care for. Whether in a ceramic planter, a glass terrarium, or hanging on your wall, our succulent arrangements are always modern, cutting edge, and innovative! Follow these tips to keep your arrangement looking immaculate:
- Succulents are found in desert areas around the world, so as you can imagine, they like light (although many succulents and cactus can tolerate low levels of light) and dry condition. Being indoors, the dry conditions are perfect for your succulent or cacti arrangement.
- Placing them near a window will usually provide enough light for them to thrive
- Additional fluorescent or LED lighting will ensure they are receiving enough light
- Water thoroughly, then allow to completely dry between each watering (2-3 weeks)
- For optimum care, fertilize with plant food once a month from spring through summer. During fall and winter, fertilize once every 2-3 months.
- If petals are drying up from the bottom – it probably needs more water
- If the petals start to brown or go mushy – you’re probably watering it too much (or needs more light)